The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 19, 2017

A Bit Better

Overall, this week has seen some improvements as far as my pipe efforts have been going.  It has not been as much of a struggle to have only one ounce of pipe tobacco.  And, I even managed to save a little again for a bit of a "cushion" this week.  Today is the day I get my new ounce, but I am still working through the remains of the past week.  I had fewer instances of feelings of worry that the "stash" was getting too thin too fast.  So, I think I am learning something. And, perhaps I am really learning how to "unlearn" smoking a pipe.  Hopefully this week will be similar or even better.

My elderly father-in-law is at home and is progressing.  I will be going over to visit him today after working at the U.  I am not thinking he will be up for pipes and/or libations, but regardless, it will be nice to see him.  

I am thinking about trying to get some of the kids together and trying to have us play some music together.  Saturday should work ok for most of them likely to be interested, so I hope we do it.  I am going to try to look at some possible music to show them so we can decide and order things we may want to work on together.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Do and your children play musical instruments, Professor? I have visions of the Von Trapp family. And maybe blowing on a bassoon would be a proxy for your pipe-smoking.

Friday, 19 May, 2017  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Love to hear more about the music. I have quite a few years on violin but haven't played for a while.
Coffee is on

Saturday, 20 May, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

videos of the music makers.

Saturday, 20 May, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

Never did learn how to play.

Sunday, 21 May, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home