The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mighty Paltry

My pipe tobacco stash is looking mighty paltry to my eye at the moment, and it is only Wednesday morning.  It has me feeling nervous, which is stupid and idiotic, I know.  These measly crumbles of burley leaf have to last through today and tomorrow before I get another ounce.  

This is supposed to be training me to "unlearn" smoking a pipe.  I guess it is.  But it is causing feelings of trepidation.  I must persevere in order to grow and become the person I should be.  

PipeTobacco

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You are only human.
When I go on a diet, even though I have sufficient food, I feel deprived. I count the hours between my meals and nutritious snacks. I generally end up gaining after a binge.
When my mind and hands are occupied, I lose weight because I am to busy to eat.
Maybe you have to change your routine to keep your mind away from your 'stash.'

Wednesday, 10 May, 2017  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I can't give you advice on pipe smoking. Never been a smoker although tried it...But I wish you the best.
Coffee is on

Wednesday, 10 May, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Maybe you should look at it through a magnifying class. Think of what a huge stash it would be for a family of ants.

Thursday, 11 May, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Sounds a bit Spartan. Maybe you could increase your allowance just a smidgin.

Thursday, 11 May, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

The fucking struggle is real.

Friday, 12 May, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I have that same feeling when I get low on toilet paper..hahahah

Friday, 12 May, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I was nor am a big weed smoker..it works different on most people and the stuff today is a lot stronger than what I smoked in the 60's..but it gives you a sense of mellowness..a case of the giggles if you are new to it..and an appetite..it used to make me paranoid but my son assures me that they have weeded that out..of the weed..ha..
you will not be aggressive or rowdy..and there is no hangover..

Friday, 12 May, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home