The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Google Docs


An awful lot of my students are now using "Google Docs" as their primary software.  This means that I have had to get at least modestly comfortable with the programs too to be able to read and examine some of their work (Technically, I would not have to do this, but I would not want to be perceived as a "hard ass"... I am already perceived as a hard grader.)

I suspect the reason why so many students use this program is is likely the case that it is free (like most "Microsoft Office" programs used to be).  I have tried it a bit, and it is somewhat interesting and usable, I guess.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Total clueless.
Coffee is on

Friday, 22 February, 2019  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Same here, I also have no idea about the use if Google Docs and really have no immediate need to know.

Saturday, 23 February, 2019  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Does this mean that they are submitting electronically? No more paper? If so, I think this would be harder for you.

Saturday, 23 February, 2019  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

It is my understanding that Google is no longer supporting Google Docs. It is a shame that there is not a really good word processor that works across platforms.
the Ol'Buzzard

Sunday, 24 February, 2019  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i love google sheets. excellent spreadsheets.

Monday, 25 February, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home