The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, June 07, 2019

Dreams





Finding my long-lost "ratpipe" has stimulated my dreams to have pipes and me smoking pipes in them much more prominently than that had been in a few months.  Last night, for instance, my somewhat hazy dream revolved around me and my family living in a small town in the late 1800s.  I ran a small grocery (and general mercantile) store in this town, and it was in the middle of hot summer.  I remember walking home down Main Street after I closed up the shop, and walked quietly into the house and poured myself a drink.  Strangely (for that time period) my drink of choice was Diet Pepsi with ICE and a few shots of whiskey (obviously this made no temporal sense).  I then went out with drink in hand, and sat quietly on the front porch of our home.  I pulled my pipe out of my shirt pocket, filled the bowl with dark crumbles of leaf and ignited the leaf with a wooden kitchen match. I then began to read a book I had with me.  

In the middle of reading, my alarm went off an brought me back to the real world.

PipeTobacco 

1 Comments:

Blogger GaP said...

Just light up a pipe, Professor. Even your subconscious wants you to...

Friday, 07 June, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home