The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 31, 2019

Weekend Goals


Unfortunately, I did not end up stopping to get beer on the way home last night.  As I drove, I remembered that in reality, without having a pipe or two or three while drinking and after drinking.... the drinking itself seemed fairly unimportant and inconsequential.

While I used to RELISH having a few drinks and pipes with my elderly father-in-law, and the thought of it at the end of a busy day was always enjoyable and encouraging...... since I have refrained from the pipe, my interest in drinking has gone significantly downward as well.  Without the beautiful modulation of the effects of the beverage by the pipe, drinking seems..... I do not know..... rather..... boring, I guess.

My goals for this weekend are:

1.  Planting our garden.  It has been too damn wet and muddy to be able to get into the tilled garden without creating havoc.  I am hoping/thinking it may FINALLY be dry enough to do so this weekend.

2.  Cleaning and straightening the garage.  I have a bunch of tasks that have been piling up in this regard and need to get a better, more organized space again.  It is starting to drive my nuts when I cannot find even the simplest of tools because I have left everything to chaos.  My garage does not look AS BAD as the stock image I have shown, but... in some regards it is getting close that level of chaos.

3.  I might coax myself into trying a non-stop 20K run.  I have ran 20K in a day a few times but typically in two parts.  I would like to see if I could handle running the 20k (12.4 miles) non-stop.

PipeTobacco 

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It sounds like an ambitious sort of weekend. I will likely watch my wife and granddaughter garden as I am still being restricted.

Friday, 31 May, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home