The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 17, 2019

Peggy Lipton

It has been nearly a week since I sadly learned of the passing of the actress, Peggy Lipton.  I have always had very fond memories of her and her work on the late 60's and early 70s television program, "The Mod Squad". 

The show, ground breaking in the day, for its attempt to bring more realism to television, was in most ways a traditional show.... but it was damn good and enjoyable to watch.  And, the theme song.... I would argue that the original theme song for this series is the best television theme song ever composed.  Equally as beautiful in a "jazz" sort of fashion is the music used for the closing moments of each show before the credits would roll.  I had always loved watching each and every moment of these shows.... because the shows were entertaining.... but ESPECIALLY because the music at both the beginning and the end were worthwhile enough to wait for, even if the show were not interesting.  If you do not know the them song, I encourage you to listen to it on the link below:

The Mod Squad Theme Song





PipeTobacco

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I don't think we had it here. I've not seen it and the music isn't familiar.

Friday, 17 May, 2019  
Blogger Geo. said...

I remember the show, and reading about the casting. The producer and casting director were interviewed in the same article and both, according to my old and inexact memory, said they chose Ms. Lipton because they needed "an angel with a broken wing". Good decision.

Friday, 17 May, 2019  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

When you reach my age, most of the actors and artist you grew up with have died or will soon. Oops, there goes another...
the Ol'Buzzard

Saturday, 18 May, 2019  
Blogger Peter said...

Thank you. I remember the show but had forgotten the music. It is a great theme song. And like Ol'Buzzard most of the actors I remember are now gone.

Sunday, 19 May, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

she was also married to Quincy Jones..I must have been under a rock..I didn't know she had died...sigh*

Sunday, 19 May, 2019  
Blogger GaP said...

I remember seeing these as reruns as a lad.

Monday, 20 May, 2019  
Blogger BBC said...

Not my choice of music but whatever.

Thursday, 23 May, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home