The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Running in the City

The hustle and bustle of a big city like Chicago means that the sidewalks are often almost like a scene from the movie "Soylent Green"  (.... "Soylent Green is people!").  However, if you get up early enough, the foot traffic (and vehicular traffic too) is far lighter.  Since I tend to prefer running in the morning anyhow, this made the timing of my runs very easy to schedule.... I was typically on the pavement by 5:30 most mornings, and this made for a very enjoyable run through the city each day.  In many ways, my various 5 mile routes gave me a more up-close and personal view and impression of many parts of the city that I would typically overlook or at least be less aware of as I worked to navigate through the bustling crowds.  Last week, during the trip, I was able to get in 33 miles.

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Such dedication. Well done.

Thursday, 01 August, 2019  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I can see why those who run or walk been doing it in morning.
It been hot here in North Idaho.
Coffee is on

Thursday, 01 August, 2019  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

You are such a dedicated runner! I am so impressed. I am trying to remember a series of books, set in Chicago, I read in which the lead character, female, ran beside a lake. It might have been VI Warshawski. I shall have to look it up.

Thursday, 01 August, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

running is not for me..I have big boobs..I'd break my jaw with them bouncing up and down ..

Thursday, 01 August, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home