The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

While I was Away....

I have been off from my posting for a while for two primary reasons:

1.  My wife came down with a severe case of pneumonia and this has been worrisome and troublesome and necessitated me to improve my efficiency of time usage to be able to take over several duties in the household. 

2.  I have been working through some emotions about a lot of things that have been bothering me.  These are all emotions and situations you have heard me talk and sometimes rant about before, so you haven't missed anything.... but I believe I have made a few changes of myself that I *think* may be substantial.  I will be trying to write these out over the next several weeks. 

*     *     *     *

My wife still has pneumonia.... but it seems to have stabilized at this point, so I think we are on an upswing.  Therefore, I believe I am at a point where I can post regularly again.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

I am glad your wife is getting better: that being said, you get a kick in the ass from an Ol'Buzzard.

Life is not a problem. Being dead is a problem. You are alive. At your age you can't change yourself - you are who you are, so accept it. The same goes with dealings with other people. If you are making yourself miserable because of what other people think of you, you need to pull up your big-girl's panties. Change your life, but not yourself. Take a sabbatical or retire, write a book, do something you like. Life is short - don't fuck yours away being miserable.
Problems disappear with time; but time doesn't wait for you. You don't get a retake.
the Ol'Buzzard

Wednesday, 18 September, 2019  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope all goes well, healthwise, from here on.

Thursday, 19 September, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home