The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Stumbled Upon This





I stumbled upon the above image while looking around a bit on-line.  It is a fellow who is holding a variety of tobacco leaves that he had grown in his home garden and was currently in the midst of harvesting, drying and curing the leaves. 

For a few years, I had contemplated taking a try at growing some tobacco in my home garden, or more likely due to their having a larger yard and larger garden space, the home garden of my in-laws.  My father-in-law and I talked about and discussed this a few times, and we had a firm plan to buy some seed and plant it early indoors in the Spring before transplanting it into the garden for the Summer sun.   We unfortunately made that plan a few months before he died.  It would have been fun to try. 

With my having given up my pipes closing in upon two years ago.... this is one dream that has FIGURATIVELY gone up in smoke. 

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home