The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Sir Walter Raleigh




Even though the above is a modern can (the earlier style ones were even more attractive), the above image shows Sir Walter Raleigh Pipe Tobacco... the pipe tobacco that my father smoked probably 95% of the time..... and it was the brand of pipe tobacco I first "borrowed" a bit of to learn the beauty of pipe smoking.  

It is truly beautiful in all regards.  

I miss it.  But, hell, I miss Prince Albert as well, and I miss the more exotic "fancy" varieties I have indulged in from various nicer pipe shops as well.   

PipeTobacco


1 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

My favorites were Prince Albert, Half and Half, and sometimes Brush Creek.
the Ol'Buzzard

Monday, 16 December, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home