The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Cookie Monster


I have a trememdous fondness for traditional Christmas Cookies.  By this I mean the tender, soft, pliable sugar cookie (sometimes with a bit of lemon) that has a thick slathering of frosting on it as well as other decorations.

My wife is not particularly into home made cookies much these days.   If she makes any cookies around the holidays, they are usually pre-made, bake-able cookies.  Unfortunately, this time of the year at the U is sadly far too hectic and busy for me to waddle and wade through home-made cookie baking myself.

But.... there is ONE PLACE.... one of the venues the community band I am a member of plays at.... this one venue.... always gives us a treat of plates of home made Christmas Cookies to eat after we perform.  And, they are so damn delicious, that even though I know better, most years I eat three or sometimes even four of them while I am there.

Do not get me wrong.... a lot of the venues we play at do provide us refreshments of one sort or another after we perform.  But most places offer us pre-made cookies, or donuts, or other such things.

This one, wonderful, venue gives us HOME MADE cookies.  

So, so, so very good!  We played there this past Monday.   The memories of each of the four cookies I ate.... their delicate textures and robust flavors still linger in my cortical architecture in such delightful ways.   I will continue to remember them fondly.

 PipeTobacco  

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sue will not do much baking this year, but she is down in the kitchen now making Breton Brittle. Maybe should blog about it.

Wednesday, 11 December, 2019  
Blogger jenny_o said...

Some cookies are pure heaven. And if you only eat them when you're away from home, it's much easier to resist temptation. That's why I no longer bake very much. My husband and I just go and eat it all! And rather quickly, too :)

Friday, 13 December, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home