The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Palm Sunday Thoughts


It is Palm Sunday.   Although we feel fortunate to be able to watch Mass electronically, it is still not the same as being there.  It is interesting to see our Diocesan Cathedral empty other than the cameraman creating the electronic stream and the Bishop offering Mass for us. 

In today's liturgy the following captured my attention most vividly:

"Morning after morning
he opens my ear that I may hear;
and I have not rebelled,
have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who plucked my beard;
my face I did not shield
from buffets and spitting."


I wish I could figure out how to be a stronger, wiser, more gentle, and more compassionate person.  I believe in some fashion I have a little bit of some of those properties, but I can also see how clearly I am not really exemplifying any of those properties to the extent that I should.

I hear, but so often I do not retain what I hear to guide me.  It flitters out of my mind like smoke dissipating from a campfire.

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger WORLD MOST TRUSTED HACKERS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, 05 April, 2020  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

"I wish I could figure out how to be a stronger, wiser, more gentle, and more compassionate person."

In the years I have known you, your words and tales have exemplified those attributes you wish you could figure out. I say stop figurin Pipe. You are already there.

Sunday, 05 April, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I stumble and fall so much. I get up and my steps are sometime to big or little.

Monday, 06 April, 2020  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

i reached my level of incompetence years ago and was lucky enough to realize it was time to pass the torch. relax and enjoy the show.

Monday, 06 April, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home