The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, June 07, 2020

Mass Thoughts and Songs

In the Mass we participated in on-line today, one of my favorite phrases in the readings was again stated...

"....slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity."

I cringe when I think about how so very often the above in no way, shape or form describes me.  I know and desire for me to be able to grow to be slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity for those around me, my family, my students, my extended family, my coworkers, my greater community.

I hate that I am such a poor person in living these important truths.  I do try.  Please know that I do.  But I must not try in the right ways or with enough intensity and drive, because I do not ever approach that ideal.

Here is a wonderful recording of the song we sung at the televised Mass:

Loving and Forgiving by Scott Soper (sung by Christopher Brunelle)

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

I am sure there were many moments in your life when you lived this truth. Our memories are biased towards remembering the times when we failed.

Sunday, 07 June, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Thank God that he is those things and that he knows our struggles to live up to that. Remember the disciples, how often they failed and let Jesus down and generally got stuff wrong. It's such an encouragement to know Jesus could have had his pick of the bunch and yet he chose and chooses the ones he did.

Tuesday, 09 June, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home