The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mass Thoughts


From Mass this morning.....

"A sower went out to sow.
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,
and birds came and ate it up.
Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil.
It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
and when the sun rose it was scorched,
and it withered for lack of roots.
Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it.
But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit,
a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.
Whoever has ears ought to hear."


I do hope that I am like the seed sown on good soil, for I *hope* that what I do, and what try to do has value and meaning for others.  I do *hope* that I am a good, and kind, and helpful person.  I often fear I am not.  I often feel I am a lazy, unproductive lout of a man.  I fear I am not kind like I should be, nor patient like I ought to be.  I very frequently feel I do not work hard enough, nor diligently enough.

Are my roots deep enough?  Am I a good seed, or am I a weed? 

PipeTobacco 


3 Comments:

Blogger David P. said...

We are not the seed, we are the soil. The seed is God's Word. Whether it grows and multiplies depends on us, the ground it falls upon.

Stay safe.

Sunday, 12 July, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

You are correct. The seed is God’s gifts and what we make of them. I thought of that more after I wrote this but did not get back here until now.

PipeTobacco

Sunday, 12 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

There even good weeds...

Sunday, 12 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home