The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Jumbled Timetables

 It was very cold and with heavy rain this morning (38 degrees F ( 3 C)) at 5am.   I also had to be at the  U VERY early for some nonsense.  So, I did not run.  

I worked like a diligent cyborg dog all day long at the U., keeping just the tiniest smidge ahead of schedule.  Getting hundreds of student emails a day is so daunting and exhausting.  

I rushed home quickly, and strapped on my tired shoes with over 1000 miles on them already, and headed to the trail.  I forced myself to complete the full 9 miles I should have done this morning.  I just got back.  It was actually nice to be running in the light of the day, though.  It was a very dark grey, cloudy day, but it was LIGHT!  

Since I am just a smidge ahead as I stated above, I am not going to do another damn piece of work this evening... not even check e-mails.  Even though it is not in the cards.... I am at least going to allow myself the pleasure of IMAGINING having a beer (imagining a dark, very hoppy IPA) and a large bowled pipe (cube cut, Sir Walter Raleigh is what I am imagining) while I take my shower and get on my flannel pajamas. 


PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I admire you so much for the running..I walked to the manager's office to check mail and wore me out..

Monday, 26 October, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Running is probably the main thing keeping you going.

Monday, 26 October, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I like a red beer every so often.

Monday, 26 October, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home