The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 23, 2020

Not the Best...


 

Today has not been the best day.

1.  Even though I am just a smidge ahead of where I need to be, I still need to be a full-blown cyborg to maintain that little, tiny, tiny edge.

2.  I had a damnable Department Meeting today.  I felt my resentment rise up in my throat like bile for the two individuals I have had a long-standing dislike of.  Their b*llsh*t was getting on my nerves all week long, and even my 9-mile runs could only dissipate some of the anger I felt about them.  

3.  My oldest daughter had an emotional "melt-down" today, and while I was able to eek out time to be supportive, I know I was not particularly successful.  

4.  My wife (not meaning to) accidentally spilled a bunch of permanent dye over several important things, and I had to spend a pretty sizeable chunk of time working feverishly to try to prevent the stained items from being permanently ruined.  I think I was able to get out.... with a helluva lot of elbow grease and a lot of unfortunate chemicals.... I think was able to get out ~95% of the dye.  Some of the items still in question are now running through a wash cycle in the washing machine after all of my hand effort.  

I want to take a nap, but I have to get back to work.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

ot the best day ever. I hope your daughter is okay.

Saturday, 24 October, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Oh dear no, not the best of days.

Sunday, 25 October, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home