The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Total Robot

 I am exhausted this late Wednesday evening, having had another exceptionally long day of “roboting” along.  But, in one way it was better than the last several days in that I was involved with dealing with subject matter content.  WHAT?  I dealt with the subject I teach, and was not just constantly being an IT person?  Yes.... I was reading and grading papers.  I graded 5 different writing assignments today.  It was all electronic reading instead of actual papers.... but it was a helluva lot more interesting than purely IT work.  

I was thinking a bit about the differences in students getting back their “papers” this time too.... they click on a button and see an electronic version of their paper with my grade and comments.  Before, they got my old school, red ink comments and grades on actual paper.  And, it used to be even occasionally mentioned to me back then that the kids could detect the aroma of my pipe tobacco on their papers.... as in the “old days” I usually smoked my pipe all the while I was grading papers too.  I remember one kid suggesting the way his paper smelled was “quaint”.  Bah.

Goodnight,

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't think I ever considered grading to be a fun diversion, but I guess everything is relative.

Thursday, 22 October, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I agree with you! Grading papers I’d not fun..... it is just a helluva lot more pleasant than computer IT work. 🙂 It is at least about the subjects I teach.

PipeTobacco

Thursday, 22 October, 2020  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

my admiration for you as a teacher knows no bounds.you rock..

Thursday, 22 October, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Jackie:

Thank you! I really appreciate your saying that!!

Thursday, 22 October, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home