The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

It is a Challenge


With how much of a cyborg I have become since September, running has become my one outlet of normalcy most days until I eat dinner late, late into the evening and head for bed.

But, with the changes in the weather, it is getting harder to feel enthused about running like I normally am.  This is mostly due to Covid-19.  In normal years, when it gets TOO DAMN COLD AND SLIPPERY to run outside, I would run at the U indoor track or the community indoor track.  Neither is an option that I am comfortable with due to Covid-19.  

I bought a used treadmill in August.  My plan is to *hopefully* run on it when the weather is unsafe. I am double checking and adjusting the damn beast to hopefully have it withstand the pounding I am likely to give it. However, I HATE running on a treadmill.  So, even though it is getting cold and frosty most mornings now at 5am, and it is dark as hell, I still venture OUTSIDE to run, because there is no ice *yet*.  

I ran 9 miles (14.5 km) this morning.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

I decided not to buy a treadmill. I knew it would literally become a clothes horse after the novelty wore off. I know you won't let that happen to yours, even though you're not exactly on friendly terms with it.

Thursday, 15 October, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Whatever treadmill workouts I have done were not fun.

Friday, 16 October, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home