The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Wheel Tread

 

I am still finding that I spend too damn much time on the computer at the moment.  But, I can say that at this time, I am finding I am able to "tread water" so-to-speak, instead of like during my absence where I was feeling akin to gasping and struggling to stay afloat within a whirlpool.  I would really like to get to a better place than just "treading water", however.  My effort at the  moment is try to try to fix things so that the following can return back to a part of my day-to-day routine:

1.  Writing here every day like I had set initially as my goal in 2020.

2.  A return to reading and commenting on other's blogs again.  I miss them.

3.  A return to reading the daily comics that I so enjoy.

4.  A return to having at least some small part of each day being unstructured.  As it is, I am still simply going from task to task all day long until I drop into bed.  

5.  A return to smoking my pipes.  (Hah!  I was wondering if you were actually reading this far!  And, yes, while it is true that I would LOVE that to be part of my day-to-day routine, it is not really something I should be trying to pursue as you know.)


*  *  *  *  *

When I forced myself out of bed at 4:54am this morning, I was delighted that it was calm outside.  My weather app had been predicting that there would be strong winds in the morning (~10mph (~16kph)).  I do not find running into a strong wind to be enjoyable.  Therefore, with the calm.... I had a much more enjoyable 9 mile (14.4km) run this morning.


*  *  *  *  *

Tonight is the first presidential debate.  I am on the fence about watching it or not.  My vote is already set, so there is no real "voting value" for me to watch.  But....

1.  It MIGHT be entertaining.

2.  It might also be as annoying as hell.

3.  It may frustrate or anger me.

4.  It may feel like a waste of time.

So, I will have to decide later if the risk is worth it to watch.  


PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think this pandemic is hard on teachers at all levels. There is a school board in Ontario that will apparently take unqualified supply teachers. Even I, a long retired teacher, received an email from the College of Teachers saying that I might want to join back up so I could supply teach. Are you kidding me?

Tuesday, 29 September, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home