The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Slovenly


 

Argh.  I again slept longer than I had planned to this morning, and as a result I was only able to get in 7 miles (~11 km) before I HAD to stop so I would have enough time to get ready for a very early appointment at the U.  I had PLANNED on getting up by 4:30am, and hitting the trail by 4:45am.  Instead, I didn't get to the trail until about 5:50am.  I may need to try to run more miles at the end of the day (sigh).

Due to the computer chip shortage, used car/vehicle prices are outlandish.  I have been casually looking around a bit, and it is obnoxious to see people buying 3 & 4 year old USED CARS with up to 50,000 miles (~ 80,000 km) on the odometer.... selling for 95% - 100% of the original NEW CAR PRICE!!!!!! It is insanity.  I will not be acquiring a different vehicle anytime soon.  From what I have read, the predicted end to the chip shortage should begin around October, and it is anticipated that used vehicle prices will plummet back to their more typical prices in the early part of 2023.  

There is a wind ensemble concert going on tonight at the U.  My wife and I have tickets, but unfortunately, my wife now has a last minute, work-related thing she has to attend instead.  I will still likely go to the concert, but it will not be as enjoyable without her.  

Since my wife is not currently pursuing her goals of working to improve her Type 2 Diabetes,  we splurged last night and went to an ice cream shop and we each had a bowl of ice cream.  I had mine be 1/2 Moose Tracks and 1/2 Bear Claw.  My wife had Mint Chocolate Chip.  

It used to be a very common movie trope where a person would have a "condition" where they would become a "sleep walker"...  and the person would move around and talk and interact with folks during the night and not be cognizant of their actions or behaviors in the morning (I saw a version of this while watching an old movie on television last evening).  While running this morning, I was imagining what it would be like if I were to develop the "condition" of theoretically becoming a "sleep pipe smoker". While there is really no such thing.... the idea of developing into one sounds fun, enjoyable, and could make really good fodder for a mystery (book or film).  The thought of becoming a "sleep pipe smoker" amused me.  

PipeTobacco


4 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

I wouldn't miss the concert.
The "sleep pipe smoker" is something new to me.

Thursday, 12 May, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

I've heard of Moose Tracks but not Bear Claw. I'm all about the ice cream! I'm glad I don't need a car at the moment! Geeze.

Thursday, 12 May, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Chip shortage. There were no printers available last time I looked. None. And I have been told not to think of purchasing a new camera. Not that I am, but that was the word out there.

Thursday, 12 May, 2022  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

Moose Tracks sounds like Bluebell brand. I love Bluebell..
I have type 2 diabetes and when I decided to get serious about it the first thing I did was get rid of the dinner plates and only ate salad plates..you will eat less and it really does make a difference.

Friday, 13 May, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home