The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, November 01, 2022

All Saints Day & All Souls' Day

 


 

All Saints' Day, also known as the Solemnity of All Saints occurs today and is celebrated in honor of all the saints of the church, whether they are known or unknown. Technically, tomorrow is All Souls' Day, also known as the Commemoration of All the Faithfully Departed is a day of prayer and remembrance observed by Roman Catholics. In many ways, both days end up being celebrated in a unified fashion either on one day or the other.  

My wife and I will be going to Mass this evening.

In a special way I hope to remember the following:

Saint/Brother André Bessette of Quebec.
Blessed/Brother Solanus Casey of Wisconsin

My Dad
My Mom
My Aunt Agatha
My Uncle Chester
My Uncle Kasper
Fr. Robert D.
Fr. William T.
Fr. Keith C.

  • Ran 11 miles (~18 km)
  • PCS = 7.... still difficult
  • TMJ is again regressing, and pain is lower.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Sounds like mostly positives.

Tuesday, 01 November, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

There goes the Catholic Church, piggybacking on pagan holidays once more. My fave pagan holiday is Christmas. đŸ˜‡

Wednesday, 02 November, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home