The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I feel more at peace at the moment. Perhaps it was a reasonable night of sleep, or perhaps it was simply the start of a different day.

I am not sure if I am quite up to this task yet, but I have been ruminating for years about taking a stab at writing a full length novel. In my mind's eye at the moment, I have been leaning towards writing a detective/crime sort of story. Also, in my mind's eye, I am thinking I wish the main character to be a professor like myself, who only by happenstance gets involved in solving this mystery. In order to draw in the professor of the story, I think there will need to be a link to his field of study, so perhaps I shall make the villian or victim somehow have a link to endocrinology.

An interesting idea to think about. I would appreciate your comments. I may perhaps use part of my blog space as a sort of "chalkboard" upon which I can sketch out my ideas of this developing work.

I purchased a new leaf yesterday... it is a rum & raisin soaked burley. I am having the first bowlful in my office today as I write to you. It is a delightful leaf and is pleasantly robust. It tickles pleasantly the neurons of my mind.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home