The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, March 08, 2004

Well, my voice has returned and is pretty-much back up to snuff. I started to regain my voice on Sunday and actually much preferred the gravelly, gangster-esque quality to my vocals. If I had my druthers, I would have kept that quality of vocalization.

As is typical when I feel ill, I ruminate upon life and what and how I am living it. If there were one thing that I would most like to change about myself, it would be my "emotional milieu". I have spent many, many years creating and fostering a positive outlook and demeanor for myself. And, to a large extent, I am able to be that happy, positive person once I rev up my mental and emotional juices. However, deep inside my core, in the part of me that is my id (or perhaps my superego), I am still AT FIRST THOUGHT about damn near anything...... someone who is sad, someone who is afraid, someone who is negative, someone who is under stress, someone who is angry.

I feel this sad/afraid/negative/stressed/angry inner self, which I will now christen my "Sansa", is the bane of my existence, the tiresome core of my being, the aspect of myself that hinders me more than any other. If Sansa were to be gone from my life, I think my days would be more akin to Nirvana. The goal is how to get rid of Sansa.

I hate Sansa.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home