The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

I felt I had to post something today because it was the leap year date of February 29th and I would not have that opportunity again for four years.

I am not sure if it is the season change or something else, but my blog and other blogs that I read have both been experiencing FEWER VISITORS and also LESS WRITING by the authors. My own statistics have declined sharply over the last week and my comments have been virtually nil.

It is sad. I wish there were a way to more successfully get a huge readership. Note to my current readers... I truly appreciate your patronage.... please do not think that I don't. I simply wish I had MORE readers.

Now, obviously, part of the solution is in writing more provacative essays.... something I hope to do.... but part of it seems beyond my grasp as well. Kevin, the homeless guy has a large readership (roughly ~350 readers a day). Part of that readership evolved from newspaper articles about him, but part also is through his own efforts.

I wish to have my audience feel compelled to read my blog each day and feel compelled to tell others to read my blog. I know the daily musings of a furry-faced, pipe smoking, alcohol imbibing college professor may not be stimulating at first glance.... but there is a helluva lot of material lurking around in my mind that I want to get out. I only need to figure out how to do so in a manner that attracts attention.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home