The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Hell, it is Wednesday already and I have not had a moment of time to think.

I do not know what is going on, but I have been so extremely busy.... it seems that there is NON-STOP work from the very second I awaken until the moment I climb into bed. Even though I usually only sleep an average of 5 hours a night, now I am getting closer to 3 hours a night.

Surprisingly, though, I feel reasonably content about life.... I just wish it were not so damn busy. I wanted to tell you more about the blessed intoxication with my father-in-law this past Friday, but I haven't had time.

Of special note... happily James (The Homeless Guy in NYC) has been able to return to his blog. He had a bit of troubles but seems to have landed on his feet. We can anticipate more interesting stories from his blog.

Do you know, I have been SO damn busy today that it is nearly 6pm and I have not had even ONE single bowl of my beloved pipe tobacco! That realization makes me both happy AND sad........ Happy because I am going to leave for home in a few moments and I will be able to enjoy that heady and beautiful rush of pleasure from the robust Sir Walter Raleigh pipe tobacco. It is very nearly a spiritual adventure. However, it makes me sad because I all too easily was able to dismiss and ignore a lifelong friend today.... my pipe.... and I did not even notice until just now. This makes me sad for I fear this can happen with others as well..... perhaps I am forgetting others important to me?

You may say my pipe is just an inatimate object..... but I say no.... it is a true friend. I firmly believe that the way a man treats his pipe is akin to how a man treats his wife, and his family and friends. Today I have been rude and impolite to my pipes. It is indeed sad.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home