The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Thank you everyone for your comments. I greatly appreciate them. I do realize that my characters will need features to make them special and stand out like many of you have suggested..... I agree fully. In this initial stage of development, however, I am trying to iron out the average, mundane details to have the overall look of the book. As I eventually begin to write a first chapter, I will then have these synopses to fall back upon. After I flesh out these characters and settings, then I will attempt to build a basic plot outline.... there is where I will get a feel for the special aspects of each person and setting. When the characters and the plot is outlined, then I shall begin to write the story.

***************Another Installment***************

We shall now continue the....

The semi & pseudo autobiographical, fictional crime novel :
A work in progress and process


Goal... the scene.... the characters in this story inhabit a medium sized town whose primary "industry" now is its medium sized university and its two medium sized hospitals. The town was once much more vibrant and active as it was a blue-collar hub for jobs until the horrors of the recession of the 1980s descimated this and many other rust-belt towns. Employment reached a peak of 23% for part of the 1980s and is still above the national average in the more stable economic time. Most houses are older, very little new development has occurred anywhere in town in the last 20 years. However, by-and-large the people who remain (many moved away) are reasonably happy and content.

The time period for this story is summer in the current age.

***************End for Today***************


As always, comments are appreciated!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home