The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

.
Things are still very nebulous on the home front. The illnesses and emergencies of my family continue to ebb and flow, but persist. There is not much homeostasis at the moment, nor is there much to say. My mind feels like a hard drive that has been erased. I have no energy or focus. It feels as if it will take unattainable activity to find my own mental center again.

While I still feel like an insect that has been ground into a pulpy paste on the sidewalk, I can celebrate a new milestone.....

I have had 7000+ visitors now.

I am pleased to continue to grow, but I am also sad that my pace is quite slow. The "Grumpy 'Old' Man" for instance has been staying at a similar growth rate with me, but now he has clearly jumped ahead.... he is in the 8000+ range right now. I wish I knew his secret.

Oh well, perhaps it is my destiny to fail and to spend the remainder of my life dealing with continual crisis. In this way, perhaps I will lose my own identity and my own value and become simply a robot.... not thinking, or deciding, or reasoning..... just responding.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Danielsninn said...

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> <$I18NPostedByBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

Saturday, 01 December, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home