The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 22, 2004


Mewling & Puking

The above line is from a Shakesperean play (I cannot recall which one at the moment), and is a sadly appropriate title for today. The flu bug has struck and has struck damn hard. Each and every member of my household has been struck down by this horrendous malady. My wife and my elderly mother have been the most effected, but each and every one of us has been ill. The saddest part of all is that the illness necessitated the hospitalization of my elderly mother due to the vomiting and resultant dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and medication issues. The damnable bug began to strike all of us down on Thursday, and I am only now resuming even a modicum of normal routine.

It is my hope and prayer that while the rest of us have seemingly returned to normal, that my elderly mother may also swiftly return to health. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers so that she may be healthy and happy again soon and that if she has any medication changes, that they are excellent changes for increased health and vitality.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home