The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Hello Friends:

As is my usual pattern on the day after Thanksgiving, I am avoiding any travel towards a retail community as it is true insanity for anyone who does not like to shop to be in any store whatsoever on this day. Of course, my wife and various other family members will be all over the roads filling their respective vehicles to the brim with all sorts of items. Unfortunately, a heavy and somewhat early snow has prevented me from accomplishing my typical day-after Thanksgiving routine... placing Christmas lights and decorations on the house. An anticipated warm spell on Saturday, however, may make it likely for me to hang lights and other items on that day.

The holiday was its typical festive, chaotic, pleasant, yet loud self. In some of the talk we had, I found that my youngest brother has been regularly reading my writings and although he has no inclination to write his own blog, he and I discussed the possibility of him submitting items/essays he would like to see posted. In our discussion, we both came to the realization that it might be interesting to have a slightly different perspective on some of the topics I write about, and he seemed interested in pursuing this.

Therefore, I will leave it to you, the readers to give comments on whether you would find this an interesting, albeit occasional addition to the site.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home