The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

.
Some Improvement

The family has an 18 year old cat that has had required insulin injections for 7 years now (it is diabetic). In those seven years, it has had a bad reaction to insulin only 3 times. Yesterday, the cat was acting very odd, and so I went through the old treatment regeime to treat this possible insulin reaction.

Bascially, I would drizzle a thick glucose mixture down the back of its throat every 30 minutes using an eyedropper. I did this through the entire night, stopping at 5am to allow myself two hours of sleep and a break for the cat (as those of you who have cats know, the proceedure outlined above is not to the cat's liking).

When I checked on the cat this morning, the cat seemed to have improved somewhat. Given the cat's advanced age and health status, I am sadly suspicious that we are not out of the woods. I am concerned that in the very near future euthanasia will be necessary.

I feel tired and sad.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home