The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

.
The Tune of June

I have a bit of a headache this morning. From what, I haven't a clue, but all I know is I must have not slept too soundly as I awoke with one of those... "I feel just as tired as when I went to bed" nights. I wish there were something I could see as a pattern here, but alas if there is one it escapes me.

Therefore, I am sitting here in my inner office at the University, attempting to infuse some energy into myself. My wife toasted two bagels for my this morning (one is whole wheat, and I have peanut butter and honey on it, the other is blueberry and I have cream cheese and fresh strawberries on it). Of the four slices (two bagels, each cut in half), I have thus far consumed one slice (one with the peanut butter). Additionally, as I came in early, I made myself a double-strength pot of coffee... and thus far the empty 10-cup pot is beckoning for me to brew another as I have consumed the entire pot. To the right of my mousepad is my ceramic ashtray (the one made by my middle son when he was much younger) in which are three pipes. All three of them have been put into service this morning, and one has been called to serve twice already. My tobacco pouch is filled with a mix I threw together this morning.... 3/4 Sir Walter Raleigh and 1/4 of an aromatic my tobacconist euphamistically has named "Bulldog Blues". It is a gentle burley/cavendish blend with hints of blueberries, raspberries, and vanilla. Very pleasant aroma, and the Sir Walter Raleigh gives it a pleasant kick (the Bulldog Blues is too gentle and needs the raw, robust power of the Sir Walter Raleigh to liven things up a bit).

With the infusion from three of the four essential nutrient groups (food, caffeine, nicotine), I am perking up some and have plans to attack the day with gusto and verve.

My goal is rather mundane, but is important none-the-less. I am putting together a PowerPoint slide presentation for a talk I am going to give at a national research meeting late next week. It should be pretty fun, and if I get it done today, I will not have to fuss around with the damn thing anymore and can just enjoy the plans for travel! Of course, I also have to teach, so I will work the talk in around my breaks.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home