The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, June 02, 2006

.
A Friday of Action

Special Note to My Anonymous Commenter from Yesterday: I would be more than willing to offer advice and insight into the beloved briar hobby (pipe smoking). I am not sure how to contact you, so if you would like, please feel free to ask questions here within my comments section and I will either reply within the comments section or if the question merits a longer essay, I will make said essay my daily post, or a portion of my daily post. I look forward to your questions.


Today shall be a day of rough and doggedly determined writing in preperation for my talk at the national endocrine meeting I am attending next week. In my typical fashion, my talks are relatively off the cuff... I have a few scribbles of notes to accompany me with my Power Point slides of images of my research, but at this particular conference, we also can produce a poster of the work written in a "brief summary" form. My goal today is to hammer out this poster before 10am to get it to the printer. In that way I can relax and anticipate its return by Tuesday... plenty of time prior to my departure. Therefore, today will be spent condensing my thoughts into a poster style document to highlight the key findings of my most recent work. It should be fun, yet I always fuss and fret when producing something of this sort... mostly because I procrastinate to the last minute.... or is it I procrastinate to the last minute because I do not want to get into the fussing and fretting mood? Either way, that is where my thoughts and mental energy are at the moment.

However, please note I said by 10am. I am forcing myself to write quickly and efficiently, so I can go play this afternoon! First a bit of yard work (we may hit 90 degrees today!) then a trip over to visit my elderly father-in-law, with plans to get a pleasant "sloshy" feeling my mind and gut. Then my wife will likely return from some shopping with my mother-in-law and we will traipse over to the local art fair this weekend. The art is striking and beautiful, and having a bit of "antiseptic" in my body to clean out the fuss and fret will only make the experience that much more enjoyable!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home