The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

.
Odds & Ends

Ambivalence overwhelms me at the moment. My mother is holding steady which is wonderful, yet there is talk of a rehabilitation hospital in her future... which medically is good, but emotionally for her is failure... and with her confusion I am fearful she will believe it is a nursing home and not a temporary (usually 1-3 week) place to regain strength.

I ended up simply working through all the tasks expected of me. I did not visit my father-in-law, nor get a haircut. It did not feel right to do either of them.

As a minor point of interest, it is truly obnoxious how some upper middle class and wealthy people denegrate the poor, the working class, and the lower middle class. I have heard enough of this recently that it makes my blood boil.

I am fortunate through my career to be what I would be considered upper middle class in terms of family income. There is no way in hell I would think or expouse some of the b*llsh*t I hear and read about "lazy", "unskilled", "idiot-class" folks. I simply do not understand how or why someone would develop such innane opinions of people because of status or income. I know it is common, but every time I see such bigotry, it shocks me.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home