The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 11, 2007

.
10 Weeks

Today I have moved into the 10th week following the passing of my mother. The strength of the emotions and their intensity make it seem like it has been far, far longer than just 10 brief weeks ago that I had my mother with us in our home.

This weekend will also mark the first Mother's Day where my beloved Mom is not physically with us. It makes me very sad. I have selected potted flowers of the style she especially likes and plan to take them to the cometary on Saturday. My mother was very dedicated about placing flowers on her own Mother's grave as well and so I also bought a potted plant (again of the style my mother would like) to place on my Grandmother's grave as well.

* * * * *

I am also preparing things for my wife's celebration of Mother's Day. I cannot yet reveal details as she sometimes reads my site.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home