The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 21, 2007

.
Focus

My focus was not particularly strong over the weekend. I did strive to make a go of it, by taking a trip to visit my elderly father-in-law on Friday. It was pleasant enough... we had a few drinks and a few pipes and good conversation and all the usual that I typically relish. Unfortunately, while the day was beautiful, the time we were togehter was pleasant, and the rest of the evening at home was pleasant... I still felt out of sorts, I felt *unable* to experience a true sense of JOY, even for things I had typically felt joy from previously. I suppose that my grief may yet still be strong enough to hinder the expression of joy. However, I think I need to figure out a way in which I can still have moments of great joy in the midst of my grief. How to do this, I may never know... but I must attempt to figure it out.

Also, I am surprised and pleased that my baby brother has posted again. If you can, give his sites a visit and consider giving him some encouragement. I will be doing so later on, myself.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home