The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

.
Talking and Eating and Research

Tuesdays are my most hectic day of the week this Spring. Today has been no exception. My three hours of lecture on anatomy and physiology is EXTREMELY rapid, and my manner of teaching (rather frenetic and intense) means that I am fairly tired at the end of the lecture. Today, I became so wound up in my efforts that I covered two chapters, probably circled the room at least a dozen times, jumped up and down twice, broke 4 pieces of chalk by writing too hard with them, wore out one Dry Erase marker (green), and showed at least three images related to today's teaching that would be consdered obscene if taken out of context (a mammary gland, a penis and and pubic region of an individual whose sex was not identified) each of which related to different aspects of integumentary system.

I have also had several of my research students stop by. Three of them came by raring to go on their various research and so I have spent a fair amount of time guiding them. One additonal research student sent an e-mail and I helped her out with some library issues she had been facing.

One especially nice thing about Spring is that the fruit in the stores is so much better. I had a nice large bowl of watermelon and cantaloupe for lunch. And I treated myself to a "El Grande" 32oz Hazlenut coffee at breakfast in addition to my many other cups of regular coffee this morning.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home