The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, October 29, 2007

.
Pistons & Oil

Within the seam of the riverboat's steam,
there lies a large morass upon the tall sea grass.
It knows no gnomes,
and it has forwarned,
of the inevitable Garden of Istanbul.

* * * * *

Does anyone have any idea about how January 2009 will be? I do not think I can know, nor can anyone. Will we have a new president that is Democratic or Republican? In my mind, I hope that Hillary Clinton will be elected. However, In that same heart, I think it is unlikely she will win... mostly because of a bunch of ultra-fundamentalist folks fear, dislike, or simply do not approve of a female as president of the United States. Another part of me would enjoy seeing Al Gore run again. He is a noble, great man. And, of course, his being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize is wonderful, and speaks of his calibre. I think a Clinton/Gore... or a Gore/Clinton ticket would lead to wonderful changes in our nation. If we could have them as a team, I believe we could again turn this nation around to live and promote the ideals of true freedom and true liberty for all would return.

Yet, I am a realist. I have seen it happen far too damn often in my lifetime, to expect anything else. I suspect, that when the election is held in November of 2008, that we shall again elect a horrid candidate... most likely a republican... and likely someone who does not give a rat's ass about making this nation a better place for its people, nor about having our nation be a model example of how we all should interact on a global level.

We will end up with another bozo. It seems inevitable.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home