The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, March 03, 2008

.
Adrift in a Maelstrom

There is not much to say. The title of my essay says it all. A maelstrom is the scientific name for a very strong whirlpool with an undercurrent. I feel as if my life is just such an event and I am simply adrift in it... until it pulls me under.

Five weights are upon my mind that test my mettle and find it lacking. A) The year anniversary of my beloved mother's passage, B) The nebulous waiting game until the 14th when the decision on whom to hire is made by my Department, C) Worry and fret about handling my mother's last tax return that will need to be accomplished along with a significant sorting again through her records and belongings which sadden me to sort through, D) The nine research students who are clamoring for attention every single moment as they prepare to give their talks at a formal meeting this week, and E) the malfunctioning eaves trough on my home that is letting water seep into my basement and there is not a damn thing I can do about it until the huge ice dams and snow eventually melt off my roof line from the abominable winter we have had.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Hamiltonroofing said...

Custom Contracting is a multifaceted company that has
years of combined experience in the residential business. We are a family run experience in the
residential and commercial business. We are a family run business with life long ties to the construction industry.
We have extensive experience in new construction, remodeling, additions, decks,storm recovery repairs,
Hamilton roofing
Hamilton siding
Hamilton Eavestrough
Burlington roofing
Burlington siding
Burlington Eavestrough
www.custom-contracting.ca

Wednesday, 27 June, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home