The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 30, 2008

.
What is in Store?

Readership is damn close to zero. Only one friend seems to read regularly anymore and post comments. I am a bit concerned that he thinks my blog is "old school... "1999"" in his timeline. I am not sure if he meant my actual blog design or actually someone else's, but I guess it could be true that my style is not particularly "in" any longer.

I am unsure what to do anymore. It used to be so easy to "go with the flow", to have fun and enjoyment in whatever I did. The idea of having things be easy, fun, care-free seems like such a distant memory now.

Work as a professor seems stressful now, after so many years of loving the role. Now I have some damn puppy who will be nipping at my heels over every damn thing I do and he will be willing to take over and surpass my every move with his "cool trendiness".

Everything seems like too much work. The idea of striving to do anything seems beyond my energy level.

Sleep is a beautiful respite... except at night when I toss and turn unable to embrace that quiet rest.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home