The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

.
Run Down

The title is a sort of double entendre in that a) I am going to give you a general run down of what has been happening with me and b) that I am feeling rather "run down" at the moment.

1. I have been working very hard at teaching. Another hellishly long Tuesday (teaching from 8:00am until 10:00pm with only two 15 minutes breaks.

2. I have been laying sod, and planting flowers, and planting a garden.

3. I did not teach today, but arrived at 8:00am and worked until noon on assignment sheets for the classes.

4. I have been struggling to find some viable grant opportunities for me to work towards.

5. I have been struggling with trying to become organized in my research articles. This is no small task as I have several thousand research articles with no usable organization currently. My old organizational scheme collapsed a few years ago and I have never picked up the pieces and worked towards a new organizational scheme. My new attempt does not use the "standard" which is EndNote. I find the program cumbersome and not user friendly and my secretary agrees. My new goal is to have the "card catalog" so to speak of my articles arranged in a never ending table in either Word or WordPerfect and tie in some sort of search engine that will allow me to look electronically at the titles and authors of the papers I have.

6. I have had to get my truck repaired. It needed a new "U" joint.

7. I have been struggling with very limited success to start and maintain an exercise program.

But mostly, I have been teaching, teaching, and more teaching (see #1). When does the fun start?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home