The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

.

Message To Cami and Others

This post is directed towards Cami's comment to possibly use "Google Documents" as my organizational search engine. It seems very intriguing. I am going to try to explore more what this program will do. However, here are some questions I am hoping you or others may be able to answer:

1. What advantage will Google Scholar have for me?

2. I am trying to keep track of the variety of journal articles I have in which some are in electronic format but others are currently only in paper format (the older articles). I would like to be able to search by author name, title, date, and study animal or subject. Additionally, I would like my search to reveal the location where I am holding the article. I am keeping them in either a metal or electronic file cabinet depending upon which form they are in. Each article is identified by a file name or number and I would like these to be revealed to me when I locate a document via the search engine.

3. Does this seem workable with Google Documents?

Again, advice from any and all would be greatly appreciated.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home