The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

.
Keeping Up

Keeping up with the exercise/water/holistic foods. It does make me feel better physically. I am still having many moments of anger thinking about the impending arrival of the "puppy" in the Department.

Yesterday on a whim, I decided to forgo my pipe during the entire day until I was finished teaching at 10pm. It was actually pretty successful for I spent a fair amount of time ruminating about how pleasant the pipe would be at 10pm. The daydreaming of that moment helped the time to seem to pass more rapidly. I was able to instill a sense of anticipation in my mind, thinking more vividly about how the experience would be when I allowed myself the pleasure.

As I drove home in my truck, I enjoyed the first pipe of the day and it was delightful. I noticed more the beautiful nuances in the leaf, appreciated more the nature of the hobby, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience as I quietly traveled down the deserted country roads towards home.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home