The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

.
Edgy & Sad

As much as I would like to report otherwise, if I were to assess my emotional mood and demeanor at the moment, I would have to describe it as feeling "edgy, sad, and stressed". I am not sure why I am (and have so often of late) felt this way concerning work. I currently am in "hiding" in one of my back offices so that I can try to get some real work done. Yet, even here, with the quiet, I have difficulties. 1. A student who does work occasionally back here for me has interrupted me twice. Not in any sort of problematic way. In fact, the student is very nice. But the interruptions disrupt my train of thought in ways that increases my "edgy" feelings. 2. I am on a very antiquated computer (an older cast off that I was able to obtain) that is barely able to run Windows XP (our U has decided to stick with XP instead of the current Vista due to computability issues across campus and will likely work to adopt whatever develops next after Vista). I have worked hard to load all the needed programs on this machine, but it has extreme difficulty with many programs I use. And, 3. Most of the tasks I have to work on are of the variety I dislike... mostly time sensitive paperwork issues that aggravate the hell out of me. Add to this that paper shuffling tasks and recordkeeping are not my strong suits and it further makes the day rough.

I have to figure out a way to combat these feelings. Just stating them for the record here has taken a bit of the edge off so that is a positive.

Perhaps I should just go out an drink a bunch of green beer for lunch as it is St. Patrick's Day? That could enhance my mood for the afternoon? Just a thought.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home