The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

.
Put That in Your Pipe...



As many of you are aware, I have been a very ardent pipe smoker and enjoyer of the hobby since I was a young kid. Yet, as of late I have been having a bit of emotional turmoil about my indulgence in the hobby. I am not sure what I should do.

Part of me thinks I enjoy smoking a pipe, I enjoy the art, the ritual, the flavor, the mental stimulation/relaxation, and enjoy the history of the hobby. Yet a part of me also feels more-and-more an outsider, worry about the hobby creeps in, and so, I am just not sure what I am thinking or planning at the moment... I just know I feel confused, isloated, and sad about either choice... continuing to smoke my pipes or to instead quit them.

I just do not know.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You see smoking a pipe as a hobby? I'll be go to hell. Just admit it, you're hooked on the nicotine like any of us smokers are.

I made my own little pipe a while back so now instead of buying packs of ciggs that now cost over six bucks a pack my smoking doesn't cost me six bucks a day cuz a 6 ounce pouch of tobacco for five bucks lasts me about four days.

That's saving me a lot of money, my favorite tobacco is Midnight Special. It's a cigarette and not a pipe tobacco but it's what I like.

Tuesday, 27 July, 2010  
Blogger Jane said...

I think a little weed might help with your mood disorder.
In moderation of course!

Wednesday, 28 July, 2010  
Blogger GaP said...

Come on, professor...So much of you is in your revered art of pipe-smoking...I always thought that part of the reason you smoked was to remember your father...Be well, get better...GaP

Friday, 30 July, 2010  
Anonymous Laser Woodbridge VA said...

Thank you for your post. This is excellent information.

Tuesday, 21 August, 2012  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey great stuff nice info your passing on.
v2cigs e-cigarette

Monday, 27 August, 2012  
Anonymous Laser Woodbridge VA said...


Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your

site. Thank a ton for such a nice post.

Wednesday, 29 August, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home