The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 02, 2010

.
Monday Meanderings



Just trying to keep my mind uncluttered with thoughts as much as possible. I am trying to clean out the basement which has become overrun with "stuff".

On my way home from the U, I drove by the farm where I used to buy my mother a variety of fresh, farm-grown tomatoes. She loved to eat tomato sandwiches from them. I miss her, and I miss being able to see the happiness in her eyes when I would bring them home. I am thinking I may buy a beautiful tomato and leave it along with the flower I bring every week when I visit her gravesite. I do not know if I should, but something inside me wants to do that.

That will be on Thursday, so I have some time to contemplate the idea.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Leaking Moonlight said...

That is a beautiful sentiment. I hope you do so.

Monday, 02 August, 2010  
Blogger LM said...

Leaking Moonlight said it perfectly. Yes, please do that for your Mom.

Monday, 02 August, 2010  
Blogger zirelda said...

I can't think of a better thing to do. :)

Thursday, 05 August, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home