The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 15, 2011

.
Woke Up Annoyed




I woke up feeling annoyed and aggravated about people at work. It was not a good way to wake up, and it was not the way I wanted to spend my day feeling. I have been working to:

a) get over those feelings
b) remind myself how much of a waste of time these feelings are
c) keep focused on how those feelings rob me of my own chances to feel happiness

To try to get rid of those feelings, I got up and walked especially briskly at 5:30 this morning, and then I went to the U gym and lifted more weights than usual.

I am feeling better, though I am still harboring some aggravation from my getting up on the "wrong side of the bed". Hopefully I can further dissipate it so it is gone before noon.

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I'd find a different job, but I know a lot of people that are chained to their jobs because of good wages, benefits, etc.

If you are one of them, bite the bullet.

Monday, 15 August, 2011  
Blogger Jamie said...

Surely, today will be better. I hate those kind of days, too. I admire your willingness to try to help yourself out of it, most folks would rather wallow and complain.

Here's to better days. :)

Tuesday, 16 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home