The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

.
Remodel



I am in the midst of a remodel of the small bathroom in my in-laws. It was remodeled (very, very poorly) only a few years ago.... unfortunately by a fly-by-night yahoo. Basically anything I do should be an improvement.

However, while I *can* do exceptionally nice work, I am, truth-be-told, VERY slow at remodeling because it is not something I do often, and because I fuss and fret, and hem-and-haw about each and every detail. But, the conundrum is that I NEED to do this remodel very rapidly because my in-laws are out of town and it is much easier to do while they are away. Basically I need to have this remodel done by Thursday evening.

I have plastering, plaster/drywall repair & patching, priming, painting, sanding, electrical work, cutting and installing trim molding, window trim work, installing a new light fixture, bathroom mirror, and bathroom cabinet. And of course various odd-and-ends that I cannot think of at the moment... as well as the probable, and nearly inevitable "redos" of some things.

Wish me luck! The above color of the eggs (Robin's egg blue) is the paint color I have selected.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Never much cared what my bathroom looked like, I prefer to shit in the woods.

I grew up country, I'll die country.

Tuesday, 26 July, 2011  
Blogger SueH said...

Good luck with your DIY - I'm just about to redecorate our bedroom while hubby's away on business (it's SO much easier to get on without him under my feet!).

The only potential 'fly in the ointment' is that one of my 'fledglings' has temporarily returned to the nest (complete with all his goods, chattels and furniture) so the house is suffering very much from quart-into-pint-pot syndrome!

Hence, nowhere to store MY bedroom stuff'. :-(

Guess we'll have to drag everything into the centre of the room so I can shimmy round the Walls with my paint-roller in hand - not ideal, but sort of do-able! ;-p

BTW Prof - fancy joining in the F3 writing challenge sometime? I miss reading your stories! (&I I'd value your input, too !)

Thursday, 28 July, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

What a pretty blue.
White trim and ceiling?

Wednesday, 03 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home