The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

.
Indian (Eastern) Food



My wife and I are both very, very fond of Indian Cuisine. We ended up going to a local Indian restaurant on Saturday to celebrate our Anniversary and had a wonderful time.

I ended up having chana masala chole which is one of my favorite dishes... it is a curried chickpea dish with lentils and peas served with saffron infused basmati rice. I had my order made extra spicy and it was wonderful in all ways... texture, flavors, and spicy heat. My wife is much more timid than I am in food choices and had a simple chicken and potato dish very, very mildly seasoned.

It was delicious!

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

I'm with you! My hubby and I LOVE Indian food and have it as often as we can given that we live miles from anywhere!! I only eat vegetarian but hubby eats all of it!!

Tuesday, 16 August, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

Choley is best with bhatura, which is deep fried Indian bread.
Not much of a papad person myself. One of those things.

Thursday, 25 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home