The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 06, 2015

How? How to Be A Better Person?



I very sincerely and very truly want to be a better person.  Yet, one challenge is that there are so damn many things about myself that need fixing:

1.  I smoke a pipe.
2.  I get annoyed at people too easily at times.
3.  I sometimes am short tempered.
4.  I do not do enough to help others.
5.  I do not use my time efficiently to get more done.
6.  I am lazy.
7.  I frequently fail at doing things I set my mind to doing.
8.  I more and more often am feeling like "I don't give a damn" about anything. 
9.  I often feel things are hopeless, when I should know they are not, and that is a part of my piss-poor attitude. 
10.  I am a slob lately.  My office, my lab... both are disheveled and messy as hell.  I have for the last several weeks gone almost 10 days between intervals when I shave the neckline of my beard... which is not a good thing as it is rather beyond what could be kindly coined "heavy growth" by the time I do end up shaving the neckline. 

This is just a short list.  I could and should probably list another 100 or more things.  But right now I am feeling #8.... basically I don't really give a damn if I list anything else right now.  It is a really piss poor attitude and I am pretty damn tired of it.  But, it is currently where I am at.  And, I am at a loss on how to begin to change it.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Your sex life is so bad that it effects the rest of your life? I'm just wondering.

Monday, 06 April, 2015  
Blogger BBC said...

BTW, you can die a slob, the universe won't give a shit. :-)

Monday, 06 April, 2015  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

news flash, 87.4% of the population share 7 of your 10 shortcomings.

Monday, 06 April, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home