How? How to Be A Better Person?
I very sincerely and very truly want to be a better person. Yet, one challenge is that there are so damn many things about myself that need fixing:
1. I smoke a pipe.
2. I get annoyed at people too easily at times.
3. I sometimes am short tempered.
4. I do not do enough to help others.
5. I do not use my time efficiently to get more done.
6. I am lazy.
7. I frequently fail at doing things I set my mind to doing.
8. I more and more often am feeling like "I don't give a damn" about anything.
9. I often feel things are hopeless, when I should know they are not, and that is a part of my piss-poor attitude.
10. I am a slob lately. My office, my lab... both are disheveled and messy as hell. I have for the last several weeks gone almost 10 days between intervals when I shave the neckline of my beard... which is not a good thing as it is rather beyond what could be kindly coined "heavy growth" by the time I do end up shaving the neckline.
This is just a short list. I could and should probably list another 100 or more things. But right now I am feeling #8.... basically I don't really give a damn if I list anything else right now. It is a really piss poor attitude and I am pretty damn tired of it. But, it is currently where I am at. And, I am at a loss on how to begin to change it.