The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Reading... What Am I? Pizza Dough, or Whole Wheat Bread?



From the Mass Readings for today:

Do you not know that a little yeast leavens all the dough?
Clear out the old yeast,
so that you may become a fresh batch of dough,
inasmuch as you are unleavened.
For our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed.
Therefore, let us celebrate the feast,
not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness,
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.


If I take this analogy to heart, am I going to be a lazy ass, fool.... being akin to unleaven bread?  Will I simply keep smoking my pipe because it is easier than stopping?  Or will I aspire (rise) to a new way of being.  Am I tough enough?  Am I smart enough.

I do not know.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Get the fuck over your religion, it isn't helping you one bit.

Saturday, 04 April, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home